Fraudsters and scammers are continuously coming up with “clever” ways to get unsuspecting internet users to part with personal information that can lead to unauthorised access of their accounts. Below are some useful TIPS which will help prevent this from happening to you.
- -Do not reply any email asking you to update your Account, ATM/debit card details or PIN.
- -Pay special attention to the email address of the sender.
- -When logging on to your bank Internet portal, always confirm the web address/URL AND that the secure padlock icon is present
- -Keep your antivirus software updated and run complete virus scans regularly.
- -Do not share your PIN or passwords with anyone.
- -Banks will not ask for your entire card details and PIN via email.
- -When in doubt, send an email attaching the suspicious email and web address/URL to us at firstname.lastname@example.org